If you are advising a client who is considering a planned gift or bequest to Moravian Theological Seminary, we welcome the opportunity to work with you in helping your client. Please use the below resources and tools and feel free to contact us any time for further information or assistance on a confidential basis.
Here is some basic information about our organization:
All charitable gifts should be directed to “ Moravian Theological Seminary, 1200 Main Street Bethlehem, PA 18018, a Pennsylvania 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization, or its successor, Federal Tax Identification Number: 24-0795460.”
Tax I.D. Number
Moravian Theological Seminary's Tax ID number is 24-0795460.
Consistent with safeguarding its own interests, Moravian Theological Seminary tries to make arranging a gift for the organization’s benefit as easy as possible, and we strive to honor the intentions of all our donors. Accordingly, we hope the following will prove helpful:
- Click here for suggested bequest wording.
If one of your clients arranges an estate gift for the benefit of Moravian Theological Seminary, we would very much appreciate knowing about the gift, both so we can express our sincere gratitude and – as noted above – so we can make sure we will be able to fulfill the donor’s wishes. Of course, we respect the fact that in some cases donors prefer to remain anonymous.
Still, if you are willing to serve as an intermediary, a client of yours can share information about his or her plans without divulging his or her identity.
- Click here for a confidential form that can be used in notifying Moravian Theological Seminary that an estate gift has been arranged for the Seminary's benefit.
Finally, we want to be of assistance to you in any way we can, whether you are simply looking for general information about charitable giving, considering particular options on behalf of a particular client, or needing our cooperation in the administration of a bequest or other type of planned gift.
- Contact us to discuss a potential – or even merely hypothetical – gift situation or to request a gift illustration.
- Give our online calculator a try.
- Click here for information on those of us at Moravian Theological Seminary who work in gift planning and gift administration.
Thank you for the work you do on behalf of our donors!
Securities Transfer Instructions
Moravian College is pleased to accept gifts of marketable securities. In order to electronically transfer shares to Moravian Theological Seminary, please follow these instructions:
1. Instruct your broker (in writing) to transfer the specific number of shares of a particular stock to Moravian Theological Seminary's account at Merrill Lynch.
2. Include the following specific wording:
Moravian Theological Seminary maintains an account with:
Attn: Mark A. Maggs
985 Berkshire Blvd., Ste 200
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Moravian College Account #883-04047
3. Send or fax a copy of this letter of instruction to:
Moravian Theological Seminary Development Office
1200 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018 Phone # 610-861-1338
FAX # 610-625-7907
You are entitled to a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the securities. This value is based on the average of the high and low price on the date of transfer. You will receive an acknowledgement letter from Moravian Theological Seminary for the value of your gift.